The University of Maryland is offering free online course on Financial Management in Organizations. To pursue a MicroMasters certificate in Accounting and Financial Management, an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required.
In this course, applicants will gain the skills necessary to effectively manage a corporation’s finances. Learn to use discounted cash flow, rate-of-return analyses and other financial management tools to evaluate projects, investments, and financial instruments. The course will start on August 13, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 10-15 hours pw
Subject: Economics & Finance
Institution: University of Maryland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $214
Session: Course Starts on August 13, 2018
The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland, approximately 4 miles from the northeast border of Washington, D.C.
About This Course
Want to learn how to make your corporation’s money make money? In this course you will learn how to compare various investment types, select the most viable financial investment opportunity, and maximize your corporation’s wealth. If you want to get a better understanding of how Wall Street works, this course is for you.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn how financial managers use discounted cash flow and rate-of-return analyses to evaluate projects and financial instruments, the role of the cost of capital and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) in capital investment analysis and selection, capital budgeting, stock and bond valuation, break-even analysis, capital market efficiency, real options, short-term financial management, and be introduced to international finance.
- How to analyze the functions of corporate financial management
- Apply the principles of shareholder and stakeholder value-based financial management
- The effect interest rates and financial markets have on corporate financial performance
- How to perform financial ratio analyses
- Ways to apply the principles of financial planning and control
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Society of Nevada
Professor Emeritus, University of St. Francis
To pursue a MicroMasters certificate in Accounting and Financial Management, an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is required. If you are not pursuing a MicroMasters certification, Course 2: Financial Accounting for Corporations is highly recommended.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)