Chalmers University of Technology is offering free online course on Graphene Science and Technology. In this electronics course, University will introduce you to the exciting world of graphene science and technology.
In this eight week course, applicants will also learn about emerging practical applications for graphene. This course will start on October 31, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 6-10 hours pw
Institution: Chalmers University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on October 31, 2017
Chalmers University of Technology conducts research and offers education in technology, science, shipping and architecture with a sustainable future as our global vision.
About This Course
In this electronics course, we will introduce you to the exciting world of graphene science and technology. You will learn about the fundamentals of graphene and how this material offers new insights into nanotechnology and quantum physics.
Why Take This Course?
This course content was developed at Chalmers University of Technology who is the coordinator of the Graphene Flagship, EUs biggest research initiative ever. At the Chalmers Graphene Centre research and industry cooperate in the field to achieve interplay and synergies.
- How to assess if and how graphene can be used in different electronic products to improve, enhance or add new properties
- Basic knowledge on how to perform graphene material synthesis experiments
- How to understand and appreciate scientific articles on graphene research
- Knowledge of other areas in which graphene has great potential
- Decide whether or not graphene can contribute to your career advancement – be it in academia or industry
Jie Sun is Associate Professor in the Quantum Device Physics Laboratory of the Department of Microtechnology and Nanoscience, at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden.
In order to benefit fully from this course you should have an adequate knowledge of general physics and university level mathematics.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)