The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Idea Development: Create and Implement Innovative Ideas. In this course, we begin by looking at how organizations identify and evaluate new ideas, including approaches that allow them to evaluate and select the best ideas for implementation.
In this ten week course, applicants will learn how to identify, evaluate and select new ideas and strategies to bring the best idea to market. This course will start on July 10, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on July 10, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
In this course, we begin by looking at how organizations identify and evaluate new ideas, including approaches that allow them to evaluate and select the best ideas for implementation. We will:
- Discuss the role of uncertainty in idea management;
- Consider the importance of the market and the role of existing resources; and
- Discuss how the selection of ideas shapes the nature of resources available for future ideas.
Why Take This Course?
The course will also cover managing intellectual property protection and portfolios.
From the start of this course, we will take a stepped approach, offering students the opportunity to test each new concept and model against an idea or technology that they select (if it’s an idea of ??their own or that they are assisting someone to ). By the end of this course, each student will have a rapid, thorough assessment of the feasibility of taking an idea through to market.
- The importance of new ideas and knowledge to economic growth,
- The role of uncertainty in the innovation process and strategies for managing it,
- Approaches to evaluate ideas,
- The importance of considering a portfolio of ideas including how existing resources shape the selection of ideas and in turn how the selection of ideas influences the resource base,
- How ideas and other forms of intellectual property can be protected.
Anna Jenkins is a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- General knowledge of business processes (recommended)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)