The RWTH Aachen University is offering a free online course on Innovation & Creativity Management. This course focuses on ways to manage creativity effectively and introduces a flexible and iterative innovation management process model.
In this course, applicants will learn how to drive innovation and creativity in your company and how to turn ideas into successful products and services. The course will start on March 12, 2019.
Course At A Glance `
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: RWTH Aachen University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $149
Session: Course Starts on March 12, 2019
The RWTH Aachen University is among the leading technical universities in Europe measured by its academic output, the quality of its graduates, and by the quantity of its external funding. A unique location in the center of Europe bordering Belgium and the Netherlands induces an international and technology driven climate for Aachen as a University City as well as for the whole region. Founded in 1870 the RWTH holds 260 institutes in nine faculties and has more than 42,000 Students, about 7,000 of whom are international.
About This Course
Business innovation is nothing without great ideas. But creativity can be difficult to spark on a schedule. It requires a steady hand to manage the creative process and move it forward in a productive way.
This course focuses on ways to manage creativity effectively and introduces a flexible and iterative innovation management process model. You will learn how to navigate a new product concept through the development stage to launch and review.
You’ll also be introduced to agile development principles and techniques for technical problem-solving. You will learn how novel methods of open innovation enable your company to benefit from external knowledge and ideas.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, applicants will earn how to drive innovation and creativity in your company and how to turn ideas into successful products and services.
- How to manage different types of innovations projects: from radical to continuous innovation
- Different methods supporting technical problem solving to generate novel solutions
- The role of creativity for innovation and how individual and organizational creativity can be raised
- How open innovation works
- Core theoretical work explaining success factors on the level of an innovation project
- The importance of soft skills and leadership capabilities for managing innovation successfully
- Critically reflect about common perceptions about innovation and gain your own understanding of the factors making an innovation project successful
Dr. Frank T. Piller
Head of the Technology and Innovation Management Group and Co-Director of the TIME Research Area, RWTH Aachen University
Successful completion of MTI002x “Customer-Centric Innovation” is highly recommended, successful completion of MTI001x is beneficial.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)