The University of Queensland is offering free online course on Innovation: From Plan to Product. This course introduces an evidence-based approach to innovation management with the aim of providing students with the capability to understand the strategic value of information and the tools and techniques that can be used to analyze and use that information to improve decision-making.
In this ten week course, applicants will learn how to build an innovative business model using the most effective tools, including forecasting, prototyping, financial modeling and customer discovery. This course will start on October 2, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: The University of Queensland and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $249
Session: Course Starts on October 2, 2018
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings.
About This Course
Business models are regarded as a form of innovation and not just just a vehicle for commercialization. In this course, students will learn about multiple business model innovation avenues and metrics for assessing on-going market fit and sustainability.
Why Take This Course?
This course introduces an evidence-based approach to innovation management with the aim of providing students with the capability to understand the strategic value of information and the tools and techniques that can be used to analyze and use that information to improve decision-making. Tools include: customer discovery, prototyping, financial modeling, business plans and forecasts.
- How design techniques can help businesses to develop market relevant ideas,
- How to use financial decision-making techniques to improve innovation outcomes,
- Adapt and apply strategic and operational management frameworks and tools necessary for innovation leadership,
- Overview of planning and problem solving methods,
- Relationship between and use of business models and business plans.
John Steen is an Associate Professor at the University of Queensland Business School.
- English writing / reading proficiency (required)
- General knowledge of business processes (recommended)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)