The Taipei Medical University is offering free online course on Internet of Things for Active Aging. There are no special requirements for this course but an interest in healthcare, technology or Taiwan would be useful.
In this four week course, applicants will learn about how the Internet of Things can help people aging well with this free online course. This course will start on October 23, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Internet of Things for Active Aging
Institution: Taipei Medical University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on October 23, 2017
Taipei Medical University (TMU) has been a leader in Taiwan’s healthcare system for over half a century due to its research, teaching excellence, internationalization and outstanding medical service.
About This Course
The Internet of Things (IoT) includes many new digital health technologies, from apps to wearable devices to home sensors – devices that are expected to revolutionize healthcare in the near future. But when will they become truly useful and usable for those with the most at stake: older adults with multiple medical problems? This is just one of the questions we will tackle on this course.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe difficulties while aging
- Explore the technologies that could promote healthy aging
- Improve understanding of new technologies related to personal health
There are no special requirements for this course but an interest in healthcare, technology or Taiwan would be useful.
Dr.Shabbir Syed-Abdul,is an assistant professor of Health informatics at Graduate Institute of Biomedical Informatics, College of Medical Science and Technology, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan.
Luis Fernandez-Luque PhD
Luis Fernandez-Luque has been involved in eHealth and Medical Informatics research for over 10 years. He has many publications and is chairman of the IMIA Social Media WG.
Hi. I am Kevin Ke and currently a professor of NTUT, Taiwan, RoC. I am interested in networking tech. , WSN/IoT routing, SDN/NFV, and RFID. You are welcome to contact me and share research experience.
E-Patient Dave deBronkart
Dave deBronkart, better known as “e-Patient Dave,” is the world’s best-known advocate for patient engagement. International keynote speaker about patient-clinician partnership.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).