Microsoft is offering free online course on Interpreting and Communicating Data Insights in Business. This course will empower you with proven business analytics and boost your confidence for effective communication of insights.
In this free online course, applicants will learn effective strategies and methods for interpreting analytics and communicating insights to business audiences. The course will start on October 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours pw
Subject: Data analysis and statistics
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on October 1, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
Data flows everywhere today, but consuming and communicating the essence of these signals is not easy task. Business executives want to hear the results as efficiently as possible. Business managers would like an engaging dialogue with data, but turn data aside if the burden of knowledge is too great. Results really matter. A proven framework and method for interpreting and communicating data insights is necessary when the going gets tough.
Why Take This Course?
In this data analysis and statistics course, you’ll discover effective strategies and tools to master the process of interpreting and then communicating your data analysis and visualization work to business audiences. This course will empower you with proven business analytics and boost your confidence for effective communication of insights.
- Methods for translating business needs into measurements
- Statistical and visualization methods for creating artifacts to deliver insight
- Techniques for building compelling data presentations
- Guidelines for communicating to business stakeholders
- Improve communication skills
Microsoft, Content Developer
Senior Content Publishing Manager, Microsoft
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel or Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI will help
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)