Microsoft is offering free online course on Introduction to NodeJS. This course will start off by teaching you the basics of Node.js and its core modules.
Applicants will learn how to use express to set up a web server and how to interact with a MongoDB database using Mongoose. This course will start on November 21, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Effort: 4-5 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on November 21, 2017
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
This course will start off by teaching you the basics of Node.js and its core modules. You will then learn how to import additional modules and configure your project using npm.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to use express to set up a web server and how to interact with a MongoDB database using Mongoose. By the end of the course you will have created several real-world projects such as a web scraper, a blogging API, and a database migration script.
- How to set up a Node.js project using npm
- How to use the Node.js core modules
- How to use express to set up a web server
- How to use MongoDB to store data in a database
- How to use Mongoose to model database schemas
- Programming basics
- Web development basics
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)