The University of Glasgow is offering free online course on Multilingual Learning for a Globalised World. There are no prior requirements to join this course.
This free online course will explore multilingual education and how it can impact and improve education and even wider society. This course will start on Course starts on October 16, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Multilingual Learning for a Globalised World
Institution: University of Glasgow and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on October 16, 2017
The University of Glasgow is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities and is striving to change the world with its expertise.
About This Course
Our languages are an essential part of who we are as human beings. They are instruments of communication and are often a source of dignity and of human pride. Our life experiences and views of the world are bound up in our languages. Our sense of self might be strengthened by our ability to speak the language we choose or curtailed by our inability to understand the language that speaks to us.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Improve your understanding of the role that languages play in our lives and our societies
- Develop a deeper awareness of the implications of the language(s) people speak
- Assess the implications of the languages that are taught/learnt
- Reflect critically on what it means to be a language learner
- Develop some knowledge on verbal and visual communication and how it can be enhanced for professional and everyday purposes
- Reflect critically on the aesthetic and creative processes involved in learning languages
- Apply what you have discussed and learnt to your professional and everyday life
There are no prior requirements to join this course. As you prepare for it, you should start to consider the following:
- What languages do you speak?
- What kinds of arts do you yourself practice? For example, dance music or visual art.
Maria Grazia Imperiale
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).