The Davidson Next is offering free online course on AP Physics 1: Challenging Concepts. This course covers 8 different challenging topics in AP Physics 1. Well-respected AP instructors from around the USA will lead you through video, assessment questions, and interactive activities.
In this eight week course, applicants will Master the most difficult topics in your Physics 1 course with help from experienced Physics teachers.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours per unit (recommended pace: 1 unit per week)
Institution: Davidson Next and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Davidson Next is the product of a partnership among Davidson College, the College Board, edX, 2Revolutions, and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
About This Course
Each module breaks these tricky topics into bite-sized pieces – with short instructional videos, on-screen simulations, interactive graphs, and practice problems written by many of the same people who write and grade your AP® Physics 1 & 2 exams.
- Force Diagrams
- Free Fall and Projectile Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Angular Momentum
- Standing Waves
- Conservation of Charge & Energy in Circuits
Why Take This Course?
This course covers 8 different challenging topics in AP® Physics 1. Well-respected AP instructors from around the USA will lead you through video, assessment questions, and interactive activities.
- Mastery of challenging concepts from the AP® Physics 1 curriculum
- Learn from experienced AP® Physics teachers
- Building skills and intuition through interactive simulations, graphing, data analysis and experiments
- Practice with graded exam-style questions (with explanations)
- Preparing for the AP® Physics 1 exam!
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Tennessee
Past Co-Chair of AP® Physics 1 Development Committee
- These units—by design—address only the most challenging concepts within the AP® Physics 1 curriculum framework.
- Thus, you will need foundational/ prerequisite knowledge in Physics 1 to work through these units. Davidson Next modules are designed for blended learning in AP classrooms, but can also be used by AP students independently as supplementary help and exam review.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)