The Open University is offering Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication. This online course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
In this course, you will find out the principles of writing influential emails, reports, and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. This course will start on
Course At a Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours per week
Subject: This course is part of the Business and Finance Fundamentals
Institution: The Open University
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $69
Session: Course Starts on
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods, and ideas.
About This Course
This course is intended for anyone seeking to develop their fundamental business skills, whether to increase their employability or secure a promotion. The course does not require any previous study of communication.
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behavior
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).