The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business is proud to offer Getting Started with Agile and Design Thinking. This course offers a different and effective approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems.
In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what’s valuable to a user early in the process, to frontload value, by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. This course will start on
Course At a Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4 hours per week
Institution: The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $69
Session: Course Starts on
The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global-minded and responsible leaders.
About This Course
This course is for people interested in developing digital products, which are using agile methods and have some experience working in the digital space.
For people interested in receiving professional development units (PDUs), as a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 PDUs for this course.
- Introduction to key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology
- Actionable personas and problem scenarios
- User research
- Writing user stories
- Strategies to enhance user stories
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explain key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology.
- Create a strong shared perspective and drive to value using personas and problem scenarios.
- Diagnose what software to develop and why by using a set of agile user stories and prototypes.
- Facilitate narrative collaboration with user stories and prototypes.
- Allow for early testing and validation by analyzing and deciding on story backlogs.
Alex Cowan currently teaching @DardenMBA and coaching product teams.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, the applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).