The University of Nottingham is offering free online course on The Politics of Economics and the Economics of Politicians. This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in economics and politics, and for those studying economics at pre-university or undergraduate level.
In this three week course, applicants will study both contemporary economics and the political leaders who have put key economic theories into practice throughout history. This course will start on February 12, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: The Politics of Economics and the Economics of Politicians
Institution: The University of Nottingham and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on February 12, 2018
The University of Nottingham is committed to providing a truly international education, inspiring students, producing world-leading research and benefiting the communities around campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia.
About This Course
How does economics impact on politicians? And how do politicians impact on economics?
You will study both contemporary economics and the political leaders who have put key economic theories into practice throughout history.
Why Take This Course?
The course is led by Sir Vince Cable, Leader of the Liberal Democrats and Honorary Professor of Economics at the University of Nottingham.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Investigate policy making in an historical context.
- Apply economic tools to policy relevant questions.
- Discuss the relationship between politics and economics.
- Identify and use assets (images, video, quizzes etc.) within learning resources.
- Develop analytical skills.
- Develop an understanding of how economic theory guides policy choices.
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in economics and politics, and for those studying economics at pre-university or undergraduate level. No previous experience or qualifications are required.
Former MP and Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills 2010–2015. Visiting Professor at University of Nottingham and Professor in Practice at LSE. Lib Dem leader since July 2017.
Cecilia Testa is a professor at the University of Nottingham. My research interests lie in the area of Political Economy.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof oflearning on the course topic(s)).