Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is offering free online course on Project Management Lifecycle. This course is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a project related business environment.
This course is part of the RIT Project Management MicroMasters Program that is designed to teach the skills and behaviors necessary to be successful in a project management career. The course will start on January 23, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-12 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course will start on January 23, 2017
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
About This Course
Learn about project management from a multidisciplinary perspective, as we cover fundamental tools and techniques for managing a broad range of projects.
This course is part of the RIT Project Management MicroMasters Program that is designed to teach the skills and behaviors necessary to be successful in a project management career. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a verified certificate in each of the three courses as well as pass a capstone exam.
Why Take This Course?
You will learn about the project management life cycle from initiation to closing. We will address the behavioral and quantitative facets of project management, as well as the use of methods, tools and techniques for the initiation, planning, execution and closing of projects. The course will be divided by the project life cycle phases.
- The roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Project initiation and planning
- Project execution
- Project closing Project management tools and techniques
Leonie Fernandes PMP
Leonie is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Recommendations only: This course is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a project related business environment. Recommended education or work experience in organizational behavior, mathematics and basic accounting or equivalent.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)