The Open University (OU) is offering free online course on Selling through Customer Insight. This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about attracting and retaining customers.
This online course applies fresh thinking to how marketing and selling activities combine to create customers who keep coming back. The course will start on
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Selling Through Customer Insight
Institution: The Open University (OU) and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning.
About This Course
No matter how sophisticated your marketing is, if it doesn’t result in attracting customers, your business is set to fail.
This online course applies fresh thinking to how marketing and selling activities combine to create customers who keep coming back.
Why Take This Course?
You will develop an understanding of how customer relationship management breeds business development success; critically evaluate accepted wisdom on how marketing influences customers; and learn how marketers increasingly draw on powerful information systems to build a holistic view of customers
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Demonstrate knowledge and critical understanding of how customers behave in the digital economy and describe the role of information systems in creating customer insight
- Apply exchange theory to a range of different business models to create mutual benefit for suppliers and buyers
- Explore and conduct theoretically-informed analysis of decision making in consumer and organisational markets and assess digital marketing communications against research-based criteria
- Apply and use insight-driven selling to improve performance, and engage with relevant ethical issues driven by the digital economy
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about attracting and retaining customers. No previous experience of studying sales or marketing is required, but some basic knowledge of how businesses work would be beneficial.
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).