Microsoft is offering free online course on Skype for Business: Infrastructure Planning and Design. This course is part of a series of three courses that will prepare you for 70-334 “Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015” exam.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to plan a Skype for Business Server deployment, including planning for network readiness and namespaces.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 49
Microsoft technology helps students choose a path and make their mark.
In this new connected world, technology creates opportunity, and edX courses are designed to provide applicants with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world. This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. edX can empower applicants to build innovative applications, services, and experiences on the this platform.
About This Course
In this course, you will learn the basics about Skype for Business server infrastructure. You will learn how to plan a Skype for Business Server deployment, including planning for network readiness and namespaces. You will also learn how to install Skype for Business Server 2015, and how to upgrade from Lync Server to Skype for Business Server. You will also learn how to manage Skype for Business users and deploy and manage Skype for Business clients
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to plan, design and install Skype for Business server components.
- Skype for Business Server 2015 overview
- Plan a Skype for Business Server deployment
- Install Skype for Business Server
- Upgrade from Lync Server to Skype for Business Server
- Manage Skype for Business users and clients
President, S. R. Technical Services Inc.
Content Developer and Subject Matter Expert, Microsoft
Solutions Architect in the Office 365 Center of Excellence, Microsoft
Solutions Architect, Office 365 Center of Excellence, Microsoft
- Foundational knowledge of networking technologies
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows Server technologies
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Foundational knowledge of Azure Active Directory
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)