Microsoft is offering free online course on Skype Operations Framework. It covers the entire customer lifecycle, including planning, delivery, adoption, operations, and migrations.
In this four week course, applicants will learn the methodology to effectively deploy and operate Skype for Business and related technologies.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
In this course, you will learn the how to use SOF to prepare your deployment of Skype for Business. We will demonstrate how to use the worksheets and preparation materials, so you can maximize your Skype for Business deployment readiness.
Why Take This Course?
The Skype Operations Framework (SOF) is a comprehensive guide and toolset for implementing and managing a reliable, cost-effective communications service based on Skype for Business. It covers the entire customer lifecycle, including planning, delivery, adoption, operations, and migrations.
- Describe the phases and stages of the Skype Operation Framework.
- Describe the various deployment scenarios in Skype Operation Framework.
- Determine the appropriate stakeholders and their roles in deploying Skype for Business.
- Describe Office 365 ProPLus deployment strategies.
- Determine infrastructure and call quality health where Skype for Business is to be deployed.
- Conduct workshops that determine deployment guidance and support client migration.
- Create a site rollout and migration plan.
- Describe the daily, weekly and monthly operational tasks of Skype for Business.
Brandon is a content developer who has been publishing training content at Microsoft for 16 years.
Skype for Business training available on edx.org or similar product skill.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)