The Purdue University is offering free online course on Understanding Diversity and Inclusion. This course will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of diversity, equipping you to create more inclusive and open environments that are welcome to all.
Students will develop your attitudes, skills and knowledge of cultural diversity so you’re able to create inclusive environments. This course will start on February 26, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
Institution: Purdue University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on February 26, 2018
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Founded in 1869, Purdue consistently ranks among the best universities worldwide (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education). It is home to the No. 1 agricultural and biological engineering program in the U.S.
About This Course
Many things contribute to an individual’s identity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, education, and political beliefs. These things, and more, are what make each of us different.
Why Take This Course?
This course will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of diversity, equipping you to create more inclusive and open environments that are welcome to all.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Describe stages of diversity dexterity
- Explore attitudes, skills, and knowledge supporting diversity
- Evaluate unconscious biases
- Investigate ethnocentric and ethno-relative mindsets
- Engage elements of inclusion
This course is for anyone looking to improve their attitude, skills, and knowledge for effective work with different people. You might be a student preparing for the world of work, or a HR worker or corporate trainer, or you could be a professional working in marketing. You don’t need any prior experience.
Charles A. Calahan
Charles A. Calahan is a teach at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, USA and facilitate the intercultural development of faculty, staff and students. I am a member of the Purdue University Teaching Academy.
Instructional designer. Professor. Technology guru.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).