The RWTH Aachen University is offering free online course on Understanding Venture Capitalists: How to Get Money for Your Start Up. Introduction to Venture Capital will teach you how to get the money needed to run your startup.
In this six week course, applicants will learn the secrets of successful startup fundraising from veteran entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. This course will start on December 11, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Business Administration
Institution: RWTH Aachen University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on December 11, 2017
RWTH Aachen University is among the leading technical universities in Europe measured by its academic output, the quality of its graduates, and by the quantity of its external funding.
About This Course
Being an entrepreneur and creating a startup requires money. This money is essential to building a prototype, hiring a great team, and launching a new product or service. How do you raise money for your startup? Venture capitalists.
Why Take This Course?
Introduction to Venture Capital will teach you how to get the money needed to run your startup. You will learn who venture capitalists are, how they think and gain an understanding of their motives, investment strategies, and what they’ll expect from you.
- What a venture capitalist is and why they do what they do
- How to select and pitch to a venture capitalist
- Basic knowledge on valuation and negotiation techniques
- What a Term Sheet is, its clauses, and possible pitfalls
- What changes when a venture capitalist enters your company
- How, when, and why a venture capitalist exits your company and how it affects your and your team
Prof. Dr. Malte Brettel is professor of Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University and adjunct professor of entrepreneurship at WHU – Otto-Beisheim-School of Management, Germany.
No mandatory prerequisites, but basic knowledge of Entrepreneurship and math is beneficial.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edx account to signup
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- Edx offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and xseries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edx password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)