Delft University of Technology is offering free online course on Product Design: The Delft Design Approach. The course challenges you to experience the design process yourself and reflect on your work with the help of students and excellent teaching staff from Delft, and industrial experts.
In this seven week course, applicants will learn to design meaningful products and services in this introductory design course.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 6-8 hours pw
Institution: Delft University of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges.
About This Course
Do you want to learn how to design? Using the Delft Design Approach, you will learn how to use a number of key design methods to create meaningful products and services.
Why Take This Course?
The course challenges you to experience the design process yourself and reflect on your work with the help of students and excellent teaching staff from Delft, and industrial experts.
- How to study users in their own environment;
- How to translate user insights into a design challenge that will spark creativity;
- How to create a meaningful design to meet your challenge;
- How to design and to structure your projects with the support of design thinking, a model and several methods;
- How to evaluate and present your design.
Annemiek van Boeijen
Annemiek is assistant professor in industrial design and design aesthetics at the Delft University of Technology.
Jaap J.J. Daalhuizen
Jaap was assistant professor at the Delft University of Technology. He now works at the Technical University of Denmark.
- Some familiarity with concepts like ‘design thinking’, ‘User-centered design’ and ‘Design process’ is advised.
- Some experience with designing something (even for yourself) will be helpful.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)