Georgia Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Introduction to Analytics Modeling. Applicants will learn essential analytics models and methods and how to appropriately apply them, using tools such as R, to retrieve desired insights.
In this course, part of the Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods MicroMasters program, you’ll gain an intuitive understanding of fundamental models and methods of analytics and practice how to implement them using common industry tools like R. This course will start on May 15, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 5-10 hours pw
Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $500
Session: Course Starts on May 15, 2017
The Georgia Institute of Technology, also known as Georgia Tech, is one of the nation’s leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
About This Course
Students will learn how to use statistical models and machine learning as well as models for:
- Change detection;
- Data smoothing;
- Decision making.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, part of the Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods MicroMasters program, you’ll gain an intuitive understanding of fundamental models and methods of analytics and practice how to implement them using common industry tools like R.
- Fundamental analytics models and methods
- How to use analytics software, including R, to implement various types of models
- Understanding of when to apply specific analytics models
He received his PhD in operations research from MIT and his bachelor’s degrees in mathematics, computer science, and applied sciences in engineering from Rutgers University. His primary research interests are in sports analytics and applied operations research.
- Probability and statistics
- Basic programming proficiency
- Linear algebra
- Basic calculus
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)