This summer Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering an open online course, ‘Innovation and IT Management’. This 6-week course is aimed at students having basic familiarity with IT use and terminology.
In this free online course, applicants will learn about key decision-making skills to better manage and implement IT and innovation in their workplace. The course starts on May 15, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours/week
Subject: Innovation & IT Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $25.
Session: Course starts on May 15, 2018
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education. IIMB offers long-duration programs, executive education and specialized courses in areas such as entrepreneurship and public policy. It believes in the disruptive power of technology and are committed to leveraging digital technology to make high-quality management education accessible to everyone across the globe. IIMB will launch MOOCs on topics ranging from core management subjects to advanced and specialized offerings.
This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. EdX courses are open to everyone. All you need is access to a computer with a current browser, an Internet connection, and, of course, a desire to learn.
About This Course
IT has totally changed the flow and manner of business world. Information Technology (IT) has transformed the manner and scope in which businesses function and compete. These new changes in IT have led some businesses to flourish, while others have wavered due to massive changes brought by this industry. It is not a easy task to manage IT. This course is for you if you are:
- Using IT in your organisation
- Building or are planning to build IT-enabled products or services
- Exploring business innovations and want to know how IT can help
- Interested in understanding how organisations manage IT for innovating.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. Once applicants have their professional knowledge and gained experience, how applicants persuade others to believe that they are as good as they say other are is the challenge. Our instructors have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job in Asia and we hope to share that experience with applicants. The course materials are designed based on university’s expertise as well as advice from accomplished professionals in the business, HR and academic field. Taking this course will bring applicants closer to getting that job. The ocurse also provides Video Transcripts in English.
Managing IT and Innovation requires subtle decision-making skills. You will learn how to make decisions related to:
- Competing with IT
- Managing digital networks and security
- Making sense of the evolving IT landscape
- Developing software and managing projects
- Managing crowd innovation
- Social and ethical aspects of IT
This course will provide basic introduction to information technology management. You will also:
- See some brief videos
- Take pop quizzes
- Analyse cases
- Read relevant material
- Take assessments
Dr. Rahul De’
Hewlett-Packard Chair Professor in ICT for Sustainable Economic Development IIM Bangalore
Basic familiarity with IT use and terminology. Also, basic understanding of business and economics concepts.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be Listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)