The University of Bath is offering free online course on Modern Building Design. This course is designed for anyone interested in modern building design processes, young people considering careers in the field and current professionals.
In this course, applicants will learn how climate change, technology and regulation are changing modern building design and professional practice in construction. The course will start on June 5, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Modern Building Design
Institution: University of Bath and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on June 5, 2017
The University of Bath is one of the UK’s leading universities, ranked in the top ten of all national league tables. The University of Bath’s mission is to deliver world class research and teaching, educating its graduates to become future leaders and innovators, and benefiting the wider population through its research, enterprise and influence.
About This Course
Climate change, technology and regulation are changing modern building design, and the professional practices of the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry.
This online course explores these trends, highlighting how higher education and the construction sector can address them. It’s been developed by the University of Bath’s highly rated Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering and draws on its new, interdisciplinary MSc programme in Modern Building Design.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Develop an awareness of the various aspects that influence modern building design in current times
- Identify the various areas where professionals within AEC can work (from the traditional office and site positions to lab-based ones)
- Describe how design management, digital modelling, nanotechnology, resilience, wellbeing and sustainability are driving the AEC curriculum
- Discuss the need for increased integration between HE and practice as the way forward to the formation of AEC professionals
This course is designed for anyone interested in modern building design processes, young people considering careers in the field and current professionals. No previous experience is necessary.
A senior lecturer with expertise in design theory and management, lean design and construction and evidence-based design and building information modelling.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).