The University of Sydney is offering free online course on problem solving skills for university success. In this course, you will learn how to develop your problem solving and creativity skills to help you achieve success in your university studies.
After completing this course, you will be able to recognize and apply analytical and creative problem solving techniques. The course will start on April 23, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Subject: Problem Solving Skills
Institution: University of Sydney and Coursera
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course Starts on April 23, 2018
The University of Sydney is one of the world’s leading comprehensive research and teaching universities, consistently ranked in the top 1 percent of universities in the world. In 2015, we were ranked 45 in the QS World University Rankings, and 100 percent of our research was rated at above, or well above, world standard in the Excellence in Research for Australia report.
About This Course
In this course, you will learn how to develop your Problem Solving and Creativity Skills to help you achieve success in your university studies.
Why Take This Course?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance and function of problem solving and creative thought within academic study and the role of critical thought in creative ideation.
- Develop a toolkit to be able to identify real problems and goals within ill-defined problems
- Recognize and apply analytical problem solving techniques
- Recognise and apply creative problem solving techniques
- Identify the use of creativity within and types of problems most common to your field
- Apply learnt problem solving and creative ideation skills to a real-life context and reflect on personal learning processes
Katherine Olston, Deputy Director (Digital Learning)
University of Sydney Centre for English Teaching
Lydia Dutcher, Education Manager, Graduate Programs
Centre for English Teaching
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create a Coursera account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.