Microsoft is offering free online course on Programming with Python for Data Science. This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science.
This practical course, developed in partnership with Coding Dojo, targets individuals who have introductory level Python programming experience. The course will starts on October 10, 2016.
Course At A Glance
Length: 3-4 weeks
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Starts on October 10, 2016
Microsoft technology helps students choose a path and make their mark.
In this new connected world, technology creates opportunity, and edX courses are designed to provide applicants with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world. This online platform edX provides online courses from the world’s best universities. edX can empower applicants to build innovative applications, services, and experiences on this platform.
About This Course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science. This practical course, developed in partnership with Coding Dojo, targets individuals who have introductory level Python programming experience. The course teaches students how to start looking at data with the lens of a data scientist by applying efficient, well-known mining models in order to unearth useful intelligence, using Python, one of the popular languages for Data Scientists. Topics include data visualization, feature importance and selection, dimensionality reduction, clustering, classification and more! All of the data sets used in this course are gathered live-data or inspired by real-world domains that can benefit from machine learning.
- What machine learning is and the types of problems it is adept to solving
- How to represent raw data in a manner conducive to deriving valuable information
- How to use various data visualization techniques
- How to use principal component analysis and isomap intelligently to simplify your data
- How to apply supervised learning algorithms to your data, such as random forest and support vector classifier
- Concepts such as model selection, pipelining, and cross validation
Authman Apatira is the lead instructor at Coding Dojo’s Dallas bootcamp location. He started game and graphics programming in 1994, transitioned over to web programming in the early 2000’s, worked professionally with business intelligence and automation, and currently works on curriculum development at Coding Dojo.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)