Present course, ‘Introduction to Cyber Security’ is offered by the Open University from FutureLearn platform. This 8-week course is designed for anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information.
The overall objective of this course to help you to understand online security and start to protect your digital life, whether at home or work. The course starts on .
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Cyber Security
Institution: Open University and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes.
Session: Starts on
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. The Open University is rated one of the best in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey. All Open University Science courses presented on FutureLearn are produced with the kind support of Dangoor Education.
About This Course
We are living now in the online world of digital scenario. We are on great extent dependent on the internet from working to playing, studying to shopping etc. World Wide Web is beneficial until it is safe. So cyber security and knowledge is must in present environment. Open University with FutureLearn is offering a free online course on Cyber Security. This free online course will help you to understand online security and start to protect your digital life, whether at home or work. After completing this course you will be able to recognize regarding the online threats and their resolutions
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course it can be accessed free of charge. The course does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information. According to Tony Morbin, Editor-in-Chief, SC Magazine, “If you want an introduction to the subject that provides an overview or to improve your own personal information security, it is an excellent course – enjoyable, informative, engaging and authoritative.” This CESG Certified Training course has been developed by The Open University with support from the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme.
After completing this course students will :
- Gain essential cyber security knowledge and skills, to help protect your digital life
- Learn how to recognize the threats that could harm you online
- Learn steps you can take to reduce the chances that they will happen to you.
– Arosha K. Bandara
Software Engineer with research interests in engineering adaptive
Teaches network security at the OU. Twitter: @arosha & @OUCyberSec
Location The Open University, UK
The course does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, you will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, you will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on your My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that you’ve completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s).