The Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) is offering free online course on Supply Chain Management: A Decision-Making Framework. Notions of business (marketing, finance and operations) might be helpful but are not a required prerequisite.
In this business and management course, you’ll learn how make effective supply chain decisions that take into consideration all aspects of your business. The course will start on February 22, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
Session: Course Starts on February 22, 2017
The Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), founded in 1425, is one of Europe’s oldest universities. The university has more than 28,000 students from bachelor’s level to doctorate and adult continuing education, in all disciplines. With its main campus located in Louvain-la-Neuve, next to Brussels, the university attracts every year 5,000 international students from more than 120 countries. UCL is ranked first among Belgium’s French-speaking universities (QS World University Ranking).
About This Course
In this business and management course, you’ll learn how make effective supply chain decisions that take into consideration all aspects of your business. The course will take a helicopter view for decision-making. The helicopter view is built upon:
- Key questions to decide on: manufacturing organization, late differentiation, location, distribution networks, …
- Objectives relevant to your business: cost, speed, flexibility, reliability, …
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize key questions in the design and management of a supply chain;
- Identify the possible options and solutions to key questions, along with their strengths and weaknesses;
- Translate the company strategy into a clear decision making framework;
- Make strategic decisions based upon this framework.
Pierre Semal is a full time professor at the Louvain School of Management (UCL, Belgium), since 1994.
Notions of business (marketing, finance and operations) might be helpful but are not a required prerequisite.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)