Tsinghua University is offering free online course on Human Factors and Culture in Design. This UX/UI course should help product developers, managers and marketers as well as designers develop unique critical, analytical perspectives in user experience and user interface.
In this seven week course, applicants will learn user experience and user interface design-key skills to succeed as a product manager, developer and designer. This course will start on September 5, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Subject: Art & Culture
Institution: Tsinghua University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on September 5, 2017
Tsinghua University, founded in 1911, is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. Tsinghua University consists of 19 schools and 55 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, architecture, management, law, medicine, arts and design.
About This Course
Understanding UX design, or how to design with the user in mind, is not only a requirement for designers, but also a skill product managers and developers should develop throughout their careers. This UX/UI course should help product developers, managers and marketers as well as designers develop unique critical, analytical perspectives in user experience and user interface.
Why Take This Course?
This course will focus around this theme, starting with specific design cases and gradually diving deeper into the newest research findings, taking learners from the simplest to the most complicated studies of user analysis, task analysis, user interface design, cross-cultural design, user experience design, robot and human interaction design, the newest health care and human factor research projects, and more.
- Concepts of User-Centered Design from a cultural perspective
- Scientific methods behind design and evaluation of everyday design cases
- How to apply knowledge, culture and technology to shape the future of design
Pei-Luen Patrick Rau
P.L. Patrick Rau is the Professor of Industrial Engineering Department at Tsinghua University in Beijing, PhD supervisor, and the Director of Human Factors and Ergonomics Institute.
Engineering, design, information, communication related major can take this course.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)