The University of East Anglia is currently offering online course on, ‘Preparing For University’. This course is available to anyone and is part of FutureLearn Choices.
The overall objective of this course is to assist in bridging the gap between school and higher education. The online course starts on January 8, 2018.
Course Details In Brief
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3 hours pw
Institution: University of East Anglia and Future Learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 8, 2018
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe.
FutureLearn offers diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
About This Course
Higher education is about learning at a higher level: developing skills relating to critical thinking; holding a supported, substantive argument; analysing and using data or sources critically. These are university-level skills but you can work on the foundations of these skills before you get there. Such skills will also help in assessments such as A-levels and extended project work. They are also attributes that employers value in graduates.
In this course you will explore some key skills needed for success at university. You will hear what university lecturers have to say about skills their students excel at, or struggle with, from undergraduates about areas they have found difficult and some top tips for coping with the university learning environment.
Why Take This Course?
The University of East Anglia is a place that allows your imagination to roam freely and discover new possibilities. Students here are intelligent, ambitious and curious with an overriding desire to make a positive impact on the world. The university encourages our students to try out new ideas and learn by experience. As one of FutureLearn’s first partners, University of East Anglia are committed to providing high quality open online courses which reflect our commitment to all of its learners.
Each week you will interact with others on the course, compare progress, help those who might be struggling, gain advice and support if you are struggling, and share your thoughts via discussions. After completion you will get a personalised, printed certificate.
You Will Learn
After completing this course students will:
- Learn to develop the key skills required for a smooth transition to University.
- Developing skills relating to critical thinking; holding a supported, substantive argument; analysing and using data or sources critically
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link.
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, you will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, you will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on your My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that you’ve completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).
For detailed information go through Future Learn.