The University of Washington is offering free online course on Leadership & Management for IT Project Teams. This course focuses on leadership and management competencies, along with the ways that different organizational cultures can influence project management.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to develop effective project management and leadership skills that are essential for successfully guiding diverse or distributed teams and projects. This course will start on August 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: University of Washington and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $79
Session: Course Starts on August 1, 2017
The University of Washington is one of the preeminent public research universities in the world dedicated to preparing leaders of change, promoters of ideas, and creating a culture of collaboration.
About This Course
This course focuses on leadership and management competencies, along with the ways that different organizational cultures can influence project management.
Why Take This Course?
Students will delve into team composition and communications, as well as the links between organizational change management and readiness.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify personal and performance competencies for project management
- Build a plan for developing required project management competencies
- Analyze how team dynamics and culture can influence a project
- Link organizational change management to customer service and delivery readiness
- Comprehend strategies for managing distributed team projects
Debra Hildebrand has over 15 years’ experience in project management consulting and training for private firms and public agencies (federal, state and local level). Her specialties include strategic planning and implementation, organizational redesign and restructure, project management, and quality assurance oversight.
Luke Panezich is a senior-level PPM practitioner and an active PMP, PMI-ACP and CSM. He’s implemented predictive, iterative and adaptive frameworks, helping organizations realize business benefits by turning strategies into IT products and services.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)