Vanderbilt University is a private research university founded in 1873. It is comprised of 10 schools and colleges covering disciplines from the humanities to music to engineering. About 35 percent of students take advantage of Vanderbilt’s study abroad programs, which are offered in more than 35 countries. Vanderbilt University offers a wide range of student activities.
Vanderbilt University provides creative teaching, and service to the community and society at large. It also provides new knowledge through scholarship, dissemination of knowledge through teaching and outreach, and creative experimentation of ideas and concepts.
Vanderbilt University Ranking
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,871.
- Vanderbilt University’s ranking in Best Colleges is 14 National Universities.
- Its tuition and fees are $47,664 (2017-18).
- Vanderbilt is ranked as one of the best universities in the United States and the world by several rankings.
- Vanderbilt was ranked the 10th most innovative in the world.
The student-faculty ratio at Vanderbilt University is 8:1, and the school has 66.4 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at Vanderbilt University include Economics, General, Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other, Social Sciences, General, Mathematics, General, and Political Science and Government, General.
Vanderbilt University’s Departments
- Active Citizenship & Service
- Arts & Campus Events
- Assessment and Special Projects
- Black Cultural Center
- Center for Student Wellbeing
- Chaplain & Religious Life, Office of University
- Central Administration
- Conferences Office
- Greek Life
- Housing and Residential Education
- Inclusion Initiatives and Cultural Competence
- International Student & Scholar Services
- LGBTQI Life
- Project Safe Center
- Reservations & Events
- Student Accountability, Community Standards, & Academic Integrity
- Student Centers
- Student Leadership Development
- Student Organizations
- Transition Programs
- Women’s Center, Margaret Cuninggim
Cost & Financial Aid
At Vanderbilt University, 49 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $41,331.
Vanderbilt University an acceptances rate is 10.7% in 2016.
- Vanderbilt University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,871, with a gender distribution of 49 percent male students and 51 percent female students.
- At this school, 90 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 10 percent of students live off campus.
- Address: 2201 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
- Phone: +1 615-322-7311
- Website: https://www.vanderbilt.edu/