Applications are invited for Entente Cordiale Scholarships for postgraduate studies in UK or France. The Entente Cordiale Scholarship is a prestigious funding program for French and British students at the graduate level (higher than Bac + 3) wishing to pursue a year of study or research in the United Kingdom or France.
The Entente Cordiale Scholarship aims to forge links and advance understanding between France and the United Kingdom through the exchange of the brightest young professionals.
The British Council, the UK’s international agency for education and cultural relations, was founded in 1934. We are creating opportunities internationally and building trust between the UK and the UK whole world. We are settled in France in 1944.
- Applications Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Course Level: Bursaries are available to study Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: In 2019, the Entente Cordiale Scholarship Program will operate alongside the Herbert Smith Freehills program, which provides financial assistance to students wishing to undertake a Master of Laws (LLM) in the UK.
- Scholarship Award: The total value of an Entente Cordiale scholarship award amounts to 8-10,000 €.
- Nationality: Bursaries are available for French students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK or France
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Bursaries are available for French students.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must fulfill all the criteria below to be eligible:
- Have French nationality OR have completed their higher education in France
- Have qualifications of at least bac + 3 level at the time of their departure to the UK
- Currently reside in France
- Have applied and received a conditional offer to undertake a full academic year 2019/20 studying at master’s level at a UK university in any field.
- Applicants applying for legal studies (LLM) must specify this option on the application form and will only be eligible for the Herbert Smith Freehills – Entente Cordiale Scholarship Scheme. All other applications will be considered for the main scheme.
How to Apply: Applicants must specify on the online application form if they have applied for a Masters in Law (LLM). Applicants applying for legal studies will only be eligible for the Herbert Smith Freehills – Entente Cordiale Scholarship Scheme. All other applications will be considered for the main scheme.
- Complete the online application form, uploading the supporting information. (Please provide digital copies of documents in .doc or .pdf format and avoid large file sizes)
- submit your application online
- Contact your referee to ensure they send a reference directly to us by the application deadline date.
- Complete the application in English.
- A valid ID document (passport/ID Card)
- Evidence of a conditional offer from a UK university
- Academic transcripts of studies (relevés de notes) since baccalauréat (copies)
- A curriculum vitae in English containing the following information:
– correspondence address and contact details
– current occupation (role and main responsibilities) or current programme of studies
– employment background – including relevant unpaid work experience
– education background, listing completed courses/qualifications, completion dates & grades
(Note: Curriculum vitae’s that do not contain this information may result in the application being ineligible.)
A supporting statement in English no greater than 500 words that should address the following points:
– a summary of your academic, professional and personal background
– what you have chosen to study, and why.
– How winning a scholarship will make a difference to you
– how you can envisage using the experience you gain from studying in the UK to contribute to Franco-British relations.