The CaPPA Laboratory of Excellence is inviting applications for scholarships for the international master degree programme. It is supported by the French Laboratory of Excellence CaPPA (Chemical and Physical Properties of the Atmosphere).
Training is dedicated to students in physics and/or chemistry wishing to follow a specialization in atmospheric sciences to get a strong background in theory and practical work.
The CaPPA Laboratory of Excellence – Physics, and Chemistry of the Atmospheric Environment – focuses on the “aerosol” system and its precursors to better understand their role in climate forcing and the hydrological cycle, and secondly, changes in air quality at the global, regional and local scales, with specific studies on radionuclides.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The International Master 2 “Atmospheric Environment” of Lille 1 University is providing a 1-year program in physics and chemistry of the atmosphere at the highest level.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships (7000 €/year) are granted each year by the “laboratoire d’excellence CaPPA”. They are dedicated to students having the highest academic records and who are willing to follow the Atmospheric Environment 1-year training program. To apply, the candidate will have to notice it on the application form. In addition, candidates will be asked to furnish additional recommendation letters from a Professor of their Bachelor degree. The final answer will be given to every candidate by the end of March. Scholarship students will have to make their internship in one of the labs involved in the “laboratoire d’excellence” CaPPA.
The scholarship comes to 7 000 € for the academic year:
- 3 500€ for the Semester 3
- 3 500€ for the Semester 4 only if the Semester 3 is validated
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
This program is open to students in chemistry and/or physics having validated 4 years of study (Master 1st year / Bachelor / 240 ECTS-credits) in Physics, Chemical Physics or Chemistry.
The advised language level in the Common European Framework corresponds to B2.
A copy of your certificate with your score for either TOEFL or IELTS or TOIC should be provided.
If you don’t hold any English language certification when filing your application, please proceed to your self- assessment by creating your own Europass Language Passport.
If English is the medium of instruction in your university, then an official certificate stating this, issued by an officer of your university will be accepted instead of IELTS or TOEFL.
English Language Requirements: The advised language level in the Common European Framework corresponds to B2.
How to Apply: Application forms must be returned by email or postal mail by March 15th to the secretary of the master (information in the application form)
Each candidate will receive an answer by the end of March.
- Download the application form for graduating in Physical and Analytical Chemistry
in doc version/ in pdf version
The application form is also available on the website of the master Physical and Analytical Chemistry (PAC)
- Download the application form for graduating in Physics
in doc version/ in pdf version
The application form is also available on the website of the master in Physics.