The Government of Canada offers the Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program for students from the Caribbean Community for a short-term exchange program.
The scholarship is available for study or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels. Students must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees.
The program is signed to enhance the skill sets required to advance the development and sustainability of CARICOM countries while strengthening the linkages between post-secondary institutions in Canada and those in the region
The Government of Canada announced the Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program to enhance the skill sets required to advance the development and sustainability of CARICOM countries while strengthening the linkages between post-secondary institutions in Canada and those in the region.
- University or Organization: Government of Canada
- Department: NA
- Course Level: College, Undergraduate and Graduate levels
- Scholarship Award: CAD 31, 600
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not known
- Nationality: CARICOM Countries
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- Application Deadline: March 21, 2019
- Language: English
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Anguilla, Antigua, and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees regulated by that institution at the time of application.
How to Apply
- How to apply: In order to apply applicants need to register themselves by the given link: https://www.scholarships-bourses.gc.ca/scholarships-bourses/app/create_account-creer_compte.aspx?lang=eng
- Supporting Documents: Proof of citizenship, Proof of full-time enrolment, Letter of intent from the candidate, Letter of support from the home institution, Letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor, Signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement with the partner institution, Privacy Notice Statement
- Admission Requirements: Before applying for the scholarship applicants need to take admission in the Canadian institutions.
- Language Requirement: English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language.
The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 7,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate (Master’s and D.) students for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research;
- CAD 9,700 for graduate students (Master’s and D.) for a period of five or six months of study or research; or
- CAD 14,700 for undergraduate and college students for a period of eight months or two academic terms of study or research.