The Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is inviting applications for PhD Scholarship within the topic of Inequality. The university encourages applications in any research area falling broadly within the theme of Inequality. High priority will be given to applicants with high grades from their universities.
The Copenhagen Business School (CBS) was established in 1917. Today, with 20,000 students and 1,500 employees, CBS is one of the largest business schools in Europe and one of the 8 Danish universities.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 8, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded focusing on research on the topic of Inequality.
- Scholarship Award: A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent to ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 % of 85 percent of the base salary. The salary level and appointment are determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Master’s degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
English Language Requirements: The applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: The application (see link below) must include a 5-page project description. This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan. For more information on admission look at https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/phd-programmes/admission.
In addition to the research proposal, the application must include copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level, brief curriculum vitae (CV), a list of papers and publications, and one copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis). Applicants must enclose documentation for English language skills if their master has not been taught in English.