Applications are invited for a PhD position funded by a CEA grant in the context of the interdisciplinary COSMIC (Compressed Sensing for Magnetic resonance Imaging & Cosmology1 project, in collaboration between Philippe Ciuciu (CEA/NeuroSpin2 & INRIA-CEA Parietal team3) and Jean-Luc Starck (CEA/DAp, CosmoStat lab4).
The position is for 3 years, gross salary will be about 2000 per month including social insurance. The starting date will be on October, 1st 2018 at the earliest.
The French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation is a French national research institution focusing on computer science and applied mathematics.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Signal & image processing. MRI. Neuroimaging. Machine learning
- Scholarship Award: The position is for 3 years, gross salary will be about 2000 ¤ per month including social insurance. The starting date will be on October, 1st 2018 by the earliest.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in data processing and/or data analysis in neuroimaging or in astrophysics. Eligible qualifications for this position include:
Msc in Image/Signal Processing, Data science or in biomedical engineering; the candidate will have to show a strong interest in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and in functional neuroimaging;
Solid background in convex optimization and inverse problem solving (e.g., compressed sensing, deconvolution, image restoration or reconstruction);
Strong coding aptitudes, proficiency in Python and C or C++ Preliminary experience in GPU and/or multi-CPU parallel programming (e.g. using CUDA);
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
Strong interpersonal skills, assertive and proactive.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Please, submit a motivation letter detailing your current research interests, a curriculum vitae, and the contact information of up to three individuals who can provide a letter of recommendation via email.