The CEDEJ and IFAO are offering a scholarship in human and social sciences on contemporary developments of Egyptian society in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. This scholarship is open to students of any nationality who hold a Master or equivalent and are or will be registered for a PhD at the date of September 1, 2018.
French Institute of Oriental Archeology (or IFAO), also known as the French Institute for Oriental Archaeology in Cairo is a French research institute based in Cairo, Egypt, dedicated to the study of the archaeology, history and languages of the various periods of Egypt’s civilisation.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in human and social sciences on contemporary developments of Egyptian society in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship amount is 12 monthly payments of 1 000 euros net per month (in addition to the granting of a round-trip flight ticket). The beneficiary may, at his/her option, receive this scholarship either for 12 consecutive months starting from September 1, 2018, or for 12 months spread over two years from September 1, 2018, till August 31, 2019.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Egypt
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: This scholarship is open to students of any nationality who hold a Master or equivalent and are or will be registered for a PhD at the date of September 1, 2018.
- English Language Requirements:
The application should include the following:
- ID Photocopy;
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or French;
- If the candidate is not registered for the PhD yet: a certificate of Master’s degree or equivalent, or alternatively, a certificate of registration for the second year of the MA for the year 2017-2018;
- If the candidate is already registered for the PhD: a registration certificate of the University for the year 2017-2018;
- A research project presentation, in a maximum of ten pages, in French or English;
- Two recommendation letters in English or French
How to Apply:
The application should be sent in electronic form.