The University of York is proud to offer up to ten joint-funded PhD Positionsin collaboration with the China Scholarships Council in the UK.
These awards are open to Chinese nationals intending to begin a PhD for the academic year 2020/21. The study program will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and CSC priorities.
A great opportunity for Chinese candidates in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of York is a world-class, research-intensive Russell Group university. It has a wide range option to study or work abroad, including free language and cultural preparation courses.
Why at the University of York? The programmes of this university help the students identify their personal strengths, how they like to work and what they need to do to prepare for their career. All students at York have the opportunity to pursue a substantive work placement.
Application Deadline: February 5, 2020
- University: The University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: 100% of tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: China
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Open to students from China only
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- You must hold an unconditional offer* for a full-time PhD degree programme at the University of York commencing in Autumn 2020.
- You must fulfil any English language requirements of your offer by 05 February 2020.
- You must satisfy the eligibility and selection criteria set out by the CSC (csc.edu.cn).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If the applicants meet all the eligibility criteria then they can apply for the postgraduate research opportunity at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must upload academic transcripts, CV, evidence of your English language ability.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, candidates must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: To study at the university, the applicant must have passed English A or obtain 5 in English B at either Standard or Higher Level.
The university will provide 100% of tuition fees for the full duration, which is typically three years a grant for living costs one return flight from China and UK visa fees.