Applicants are invited to apply for the EDUFI fellowships programme which is providing by the Finnish National Agency for Education. Fellowships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at a Finnish university in Finland.
The aim of the CIMO fellowship programme is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Nice offer to pursue a doctoral study with study fund in Finland.
User Review( votes)
Fellowships are mainly targeted at those doctoral level students who will be doing their whole Doctorate or Double Doctorate at a Finnish university.
If applicants currently hold a master’s degree (or equivalent) then usually they are eligible to apply for Doctoral studies in Finland. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing doctoral studies at a Finnish university in Finland.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all academic fields.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these CIMO fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements
- The primary target groups in the CIMO Fellowship programme are such Doctoral level students who will be doing their Doctorate (or Double Doctorate) at a Finnish university.
- Visiting Doctoral-level students and researchers who are doing their Doctorate degree at some foreign university can also be considered eligible, provided that the motivation letter of the hosting Finnish university department presents exceptionally good grounds for such an application.
- The programme is open for applicants from all countries. However, when decisions on scholarship are made, the emphasis is given to applicants from Russia, China, India, Chile, Brazil and North America.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- Applications should be submitted on the attached EDUFI Fellowships application form, which should be filled in electronically, then printed out and signed by hand. Two copies of the application with required attachments should be submitted to the following address: Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), P.O. Box 380, 00531 Helsinki.
- The following attachments are required:
- Applicant’s motivation: take no more than one page to present the motivation for the proposed cooperation, its significance to the host institution, the background for the cooperation and a short description of the research environment. You should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project and its possible financial support to the program holder, especially if your application is for less than €1,500 per month. A preliminary plan for subsequent funding of proposed research will be required in case the application is submitted in order to begin a doctoral dissertation in Finland (or to continue a doctoral dissertation at its early stages).
- A complete CV of the program candidate, which should include, for example, any previous visits to Finland, qualifications (a Master’s degree is a minimum requirement) and publications.
- Research plan (3 to 5 pages, including an introduction, objectives, work plan/work methods, expected results and their possible applications, as well as the most relevant references. If the proposal is part of a larger project, the candidate’s role should be described in the research plan.
- The university will first pay the grant to the fellow as a personal grant and will then invoice it to EDUFI after the end of the fellowship.
- The grant can be split over several periods.
- The grant is intended to cover the living costs of the fellow in Finland.
Application Deadline: Rolling but apply five months before the planned start of the fellowship.