The Bangor University is inviting applications for College of Arts & Humanities Fee Waiver Scheme. The scheme is open to students for pursuing PhD programmes starting in 2018/19.
Bangor University is a Welsh university in the city of Bangor in the county of Gwynedd in North Wales. It received its Royal Charter in 1885 and was one of the founding member institutions of the former federal University of Wales.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Arts and Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: Full PhD tuition fee waiver, for three years per student.
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open only to UK and EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open only to UK and EU students.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, prospective students must fulfil the conditions for doctoral study at Bangor University. Applicants must have completed or be on course to completing a relevant MA or MArts with an average grade of 2:1 or Distinction. The typical start date for PhD study will be 1st October 2018. Other start dates need to be justified, will be considered on a case by case basis and can be no later than January 2019.
This PhD Fee Waiver Scheme only applies to those not already in receipt of any other funding support. Students who are already registered for a PhD course at Bangor University are not eligible. The scheme is open only to UK and EU students (where the status of EU students may be subject to change in the future). Part-time PhD students can also participate in the scheme.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
A full application for study to the University’s Postgraduate Research Programmes must be submitted using the University’s Postgraduate On-Line Application Form, indicating ‘CAH Fee Waiver’ when prompted under the funding section of the on-line form, and identifying the subject area for which they are applying.
Candidates must also submit a completed Fee Waiver Application form. This must be sent to the Postgraduate Admissions Administrator. Each application for a fee waiver must be authorised and approved by the relevant Head of School.