The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD invites University lecturers from Costa Rica to apply for Alemania-Costa Rica Scholarship. The scholarship is available to pursue masters and a doctoral programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to give the opportunity to the applicants of Costa Rica for getting higher education in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation. Contents.
- Application Deadline: August 31 of each year
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue masters and doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Costa Rican partners: monthly scholarship payments
- DAAD: travel allowance, initial language course, health insurance, research and study allowance, printing costs subsidy
- Nationality: Costa Rica
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Costa Rica
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- University professors graduated from the universities mentioned above
- Maximum age: 38 years (as a rule
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language requirement of the host institution.
- Applicants can apply through the online processor.
How to Apply:
- Signed DAAD application form.
- Curriculum Vitae signed and preferably in Europass format. If you have publications, you can attach a list in the CV.
- In case of applying for the doctorate: a Detailed and precise exposition of the research project in German or English. The research project must explain in detail in no more than 10 pages the objective of the study, the methodology, the level of preparation already achieved and must include a schedule. A letter of acceptance from a professor, future tutor or contact tests and conditions/dates of admission in case of structured doctorates (if the admission process of the doctorate is structured after the date of application, it is not necessary to have the admission).
- In case of mastery: a description of the master’s degree (s) in which you are interested. Motivation / justification letter
- Copy of the secondary school certificate that enables him in his country to enter the university.
- Copy of university degrees (it is not necessary to apostille or translate them until the DAAD indicates it)
- Copy of your complete record of grades, which clarifies the applied rating system and that indicates your weighted average / academic index. In case the certificate does not contain the average, a certificate issued by the university where it is found must be submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors of the respective discipline, in which the candidate’s scientific capacity is reported.
- If you have already met the co-financing requirements of your own university, please attach them.