Applicants are invited for PhD Position in Biology for International Students. This PhD project is a part of a Marie-Curie ITN-EID project, “MossTech” with the overall aim of supplying the European industry with new substances that can be produced by bryophytes, as an alternative to petrochemical production.
The overall aims of the study of allelopathic substances are to (1) find chemicals that can be used as natural phytotoxicals and (2) understand biotic filtering processes that are activated during primary or secondary colonisation and may explain community assembly in plant vegetation.
Lund University is one of Europe’s oldest, largest and most prestigious universities, consistently ranking among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 42 000 students and 7 400 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
- Application Deadline: December 6, 2017
- Course Level: Position is available to PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Biology.
- Scholarship Award: Limit of tenure, four years according to HF 5 kap 7§.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: One position is available
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree in Plant Biology or a similar degree (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, etc.) with an academic level equivalent to a Master of Science degree.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proficiency in written and spoken English
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online: