The Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, announces an open call for up to two PhD positions with special funding starting from September 2018.
Masaryk University is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, a member of the Compostela Group and the Utrecht Network. Founded in 1919 in Brno as the second Czech university, it now consists of nine faculties and 35,115 students.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: May 18, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are awarded for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the following areas:
Topic: Control of distributed multi-agent systems under temporal constraints
Supervisor: Prof. Ivana ?erná
Topic: Structural Graph Theory and Algorithmic Metatheorems
Supervisor: Prof. Petr Hlin?ný
- Scholarship Award: Each of the PhD positions is funded with a stipend of net value at least 29000CZK per month (this amount consists of the standard doctoral stipend and the extra-departmental supplement of 10000CZK per month), which is approximately 1100Eur and is above the level of an average net salary in the Czech Republic. The stipend is granted to successful applicants for the first 2 years, with an expected renewal (after an evaluation) for another 2 years. The total length of study is 4 years.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Czech Republic
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Czech Republic are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Prospective PhD students are expected to show their research background and skills in the area of the selected PhD topic. They should also be proficient in English; prior knowledge of Czech is not necessary.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants are advised to contact directly their prospective supervisor (as listed below) for more specific details, well ahead of the deadline. Applications consisting of CV, motivation letter, and possibly other relevant documents supporting the candidate’s excellence should be sent via email.