The Orient-Institut Beirut (OIB) is offering a number of visiting fellowships of up to 12 months during the academic year 2018-2019. Fellowships are awarded to doctoral candidates for research projects in the humanities and social sciences.
The Orient-Institut Beirut (OIB) is one of ten German Humanities Institutes Abroad which belong to the Max Weber Foundation – German Humanities Institutes Abroad.
The Institute expects written and oral proficiency in English and all languages relevant to your research project. A basic command of German will be of benefit.
- Application Deadline: May 21, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of humanities and social sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Fellowships include a monthly stipend of currently 1200 Euro and a one-time travel allowance of 600 Euros. Depending on availability, the OIB will provide visiting fellows with office space. The OIB will not provide funding for preliminary research, language courses, or the composition and revision of book manuscripts.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Lebanon
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Lebanon are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a post-graduate degree (master, Diplom, Magister etc.) in Middle East Studies / Islamic Studies or related fields. Applicants must demonstrate how their projects will benefit from a fellowship at the institute and an extended stay in the region.
- English Language Requirements: The Institute expects written and oral proficiency in English and all languages relevant for your research project. A basic command of German will be of benefit.
Applications must include:
- A brief cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal/project description (max. 2000 words)
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Copy of your last post-graduate degree (master, Magister, Diplom etc.)
- Proof of proficiency in English and all languages relevant to the research project
How to Apply:
The application package should be submitted as a single PDF file (excluding letters of recommendation, which should be submitted directly by the referee) via email. Applicants may write in either English or German; we recommend that they use the language in which they are most proficient.