The LUCA School of Arts is offering a four-year scholarship for a doctorate in the arts at KU Leuven. The scholarship is awarded under the supervision of prof. Dr. Esther Venrooij of the LUCA research group “Art, Space & Context” and the Department of Architecture of the KU Leuven.
KU Leuven Faculty of Architecture is a Belgian school of architecture established in 1862 with campuses in Brussels and Ghent.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the Arts at LUCA School of Arts / KU Leuven.
- Scholarship Award: University is offering a four year doctoral scholarship at KU Leuven starting within the calendar year of 2018. The initial contract covers 1 year. After positive evaluation, this can be extended with 1 year and subsequently with 2 years.
- Nationalities: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: There are four scholarships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
You have a masters in design or art practice or a masters in another field with strong international artistic or design portfolio.
Your practice has a clear research dimension that is relevant for the project.
You are willing to work in team and to play an active role within the LUCA research group Art, Space & Context and the department of Art / Architecture at the KULeuven.
You have the skills to complete a comprehensive, long-term research project within the given time-frame of four years.
You are willing to communicate your research at conferences, through artistic or design presentations and through publications.
You will investigate space in all its forms and implications. And you are interested in the material and immaterial qualities of space in its political and social context.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Your candidature contains:
- A letter of motivation, in which you describe how you position yourself within the field of art, research and education, and how you would like to make a
contribution to the development of research within LUCA.
- A copy of the relevant degrees.
- A comprehensive CV, including artistic portfolio and a list of publications (if
- An outline of your research project (max. 500 words).
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent via by email.