The University of Bordeaux has created a scholarship programme to enable talented foreign students to undertake a master and doctoral programme in France.
The Eiffel Scholarship Program is a tool developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French educational institutions better to attract the best foreign students to degree programs at Masters and PhD level.
Approximately 13% of students at the University of Bordeaux are international. The university has developed a wide range of international study programs that are taught in English (or other languages such as Spanish) and that offer students the possibility of completing joint or double degrees. The University of Bordeaux offers 245 curricula leading to national degrees, organized around four major scientific fields: Science and Technology, Law, Political Science, Economy, Management, Life and Health Sciences, Social and Human Sciences.
- Applications Deadline: Deadline for Master programme: November 23, 2018, and For Doctoral Programme: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue master or doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The four major fields of study concerned by the Eiffel scholarships are:
- Economics and management
- Law and political sciences
- Engineering sciences at Master degree level
- General sciences at Doctorate degree level (engineering sciences as well as specific sciences, i.e. mathematics, physics, chemistry, life sciences, nano- and biotechnologies, sciences of the earth, universe and environment, computer and communication technology sciences).
- Scholarship Award: Master level
Eiffel fellows receive a monthly allowance of 1.181 € (€ 1,031 maintenance allowance + € 150 monthly allowance), to which is added the direct support of several services:- An international transport ticket routing – repatriation; Social protection Campus France for over 28s, the complementary health (mutual) for – 28 years old;- Cultural activities. They may also benefit, under certain conditions, from the additional housing.
Eiffel fellows receive a monthly allowance of € 1,400, which is added the direct support for several services: An international transport ticket, Repatriation (for students who would make multiple trips, one return trip will be taken care of); Social protection Campus France for over 28s, the complementary health (mutual) for – 28 years old; Cultural activities. They may also benefit, under certain conditions, from the additional housing.
- Nationality: Foreign students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Candidates of any nationality are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Nationality: This program is reserved for candidates of foreign nationality. The Bi-national candidates, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
- Age: Master level, the candidate must be at least 30 years old on the committee date Selection; that is, born the same day or after March 12, 1988. At the doctoral level, the candidate must be 35 years old or older on the date of the selection; that is, born the same day or after the 12th of March, 1983.
- Origin of the files: only the candidatures transmitted by the establishments French are admissible. The latter undertake to register the winners in the training for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by other ways are not acceptable. In addition, a candidate presented by an institution will be rejected.
- The formations concerned: are eligible candidates likely to integrate training leading to a master’s degree, including in school engineers, and doctoral candidates. The French formations relocated to abroad are not concerned. Training as part of an apprenticeship or professionalization contract are not eligible for the Eiffel Scholarships.
- Cumulation of scholarships: foreign students already benefiting from a scholarship French Government under another program, at the time of the filing of the application, are not eligible, even if it is a fellowship that does not take into the charge as social coverage. ·
- Eiffel Master scholarship: the candidacy of a student whose file has not been retained during a previous selection is not admissible, even if this application is submitted by a different institution or in another field studies. The candidacy of a student who has already benefited from an Eiffel scholarship Master level is not acceptable for this same level.
- Eiffel Ph.D. Scholarship: institutions can present for a scholarship doctorate a candidate who has already benefited from an Eiffel scholarship at the master’s level. A candidate who has already benefited from an Eiffel grant as part of his doctorate is not eligible once again for an Eiffel grant. The candidacy of a student who’s the folder was not selected during a previous selection for this level is not admissible, even if submitted by an institution different or in another field of study.
- Language level: institutions that pre-select non-qualified candidates Francophones must ensure that their language level is adequate with the level required by the training. Students studying abroad have priority over those who already reside in France.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
All applicants must apply via the International Office, which then centralizes and submits all applications to Campus France. Under no circumstance should applicants send their application directly to Campus France; applications sent in this way will be immediately rejected.
Step 1: check your eligibility by reading the documents provided by Campus France.
Step 2: request the application form by email, before the 15th November 2018 indicating your nationality and desired course of study (webpage in French) at the University of Bordeaux. Make sure to consult the Master programs on offer:
- Study programs in law and political science
- Study programs in economics and management
- Study programs in engineering
Step 3: collect all the requested documents and send them to [email protected] (please send your documents – application file and each supporting document – separately. Please do not consolidate all the documents into one single PDF file).
Submission deadline: 23rd November 2018
Step 2: approach your thesis supervisor for more information if required.
Step 3: request the application form and complete pages 1, 2 and 4 of the form, saving it in an interactive PDF format (please name it in the following way: “DoctorateApplication_Firstname_SURNAME”).
Step 4: collect all the requested documents and send them to [email protected] (please send your documents – application file and each supporting document – separately. Please do not consolidate all the documents into one single PDF file).
Submission deadline: 30th November 2018