The European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) is inviting applications for Finance Officer – Administration and Finance/Fellowships to provide accounting and bookkeeping services for the EMBO Fellowship Programme.
The Fellowship Programme provides short and long-term fellowships to life scientists in order to support international mobility and the careers of young researchers based on scientific excellence.
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the world’s leading research institutions, and Europe’s flagship laboratory for the life sciences. EMBL was set up in order to promote molecular biology across Europe, and to create a centre of excellence for Europe’s leading young molecular biologists.
- Applications Deadline: June 25, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Finance Officer – Administration and Finance/Fellowships.
- Scholarship Award: The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, pension scheme and health insurance, educational and other family-related benefits where applicable. This position is a maternity cover and limited to six months.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Heidelberg, Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Finance Officer will have a good knowledge of bookkeeping and German tax law, ideally as a trained tax assistant or accountant, and at least three years’ professional experience. Knowledge of accounting systems such as DATEV, Taylorix or Lexware is required. The Finance Officer should be familiar with debtors, creditors, prepayments and accruals, cost centres and cash flow. Candidates should be used to working independently as well as part of a team in an international environment and having contact with customers and suppliers.
Excellent written and oral German and English language skills are a prerequisite.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and oral German and English language skills are a prerequisite.
How to Apply: Please apply online through www.embl.org/jobs
The EMBO offices are located on the international EMBL life science research campus in Heidelberg, Germany. Heidelberg, home to around 150,000 people, is a vibrant university city offering a high quality of life. EMBO is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international science organisation. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, pension scheme and health insurance, educational and other family-related benefits where applicable.
This position is a maternity cover and limited to six months.