The Foundation House of Human Sciences (FMSH), French Embassy in Sudan (AMB) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Sudan (MOHE) is inviting applications for Sudan France Postdoctoral Fellowship for the year 2018.
This research is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field investigations, library, and archives work.
Founded in 1963 by Fernand Braudel in Paris and chaired by Michel Wieviorka since 2009, the Foundation House of Human Sciences (FMSH) is both a national and international crossroad which contributes to the development, vibrancy, and attractivity of social sciences and humanities.
The Foundation creates the essential conditions for scientific research and interdisciplinary dialogue while initiating dynamics where scientific networks swing into action, and public and private stakeholders cross paths.
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme. This is two months postdoctoral research fellowship programme.
- Study Subject: This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field inquiries, library, and archives work.
- Scholarship Award: Laureates will receive a total stipend of 3 400 € for the two months (2 instalments of 1 700 € paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
- Laureates will be considered as “Boursier du Gouvernement Français” and will have access to affordable accommodation, social security for the time of their stay and get a financial support to buy bibliographic material.
- Laureates will also benefit from free visa and logistical support to organize their stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
- Nationality: Available for young postdoc researchers from Sudan.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for young postdoc researchers from Sudan.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Nationality/Residence: Applicants must be Sudanese nationals and be affiliated with a public institution of higher education and research / public institute of research in Sudan
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2009.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH, the AMB and the MOHE expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of 2 January 2018. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of 16 March 2018, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology.
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stays (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, work plan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in Sudan
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer