The University of Leeds is offering free online course on Causes of Human Disease: Understanding Causes of Disease. The course is suitable for anyone with a general interest in the science behind causes of human disease.
In this two week course, applicants will learn the epidemiological methods used to understand the causes of diseases and how social factors influence their development. This course will start on January 22, 2018.
User Review( votes)
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Causes of Human Disease: Understanding Causes of Disease
Institution: University of Leeds and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 22, 2018
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
About This Course
What causes human disease? Why do some people get a disease but others don’t? Through this course, you’ll learn how epidemiologists are helping to find answers to these complex questions and how the health of a population is measured and analyzed.
Why Take This Course?
Students will explore how the social determinants of health contribute to human disease and how health inequalities exist. You will then look at health inequalities across the globe and investigate how and why different socioeconomic factors determine human health.
Through this course, you’ll learn how epidemiologists are helping to find answers to these complex questions and how the health of a population is measured and analyzed.
The course is suitable for anyone with a general interest in the science behind causes of human disease. No previous knowledge or experience is required. If you are working in nursing, healthcare or social care, or just wish to learn more, this course is designed to support you as a professional. By completing all aspects of the course you will have achieved 14 hours of CPD time.
Tracey Farragher is a Lecturer in Public Health Epidemiology at the University of Leeds.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).