Microsoft is offering a free online course on designing a Technical Solution. In this course, students will learn the process of turning ideas into technical solutions.
In this five-week course, applicants will turn their idea into a prototype as you learn the process of designing and prototyping web applications to solve real problems. You can start this course at your own pace.
User Review( votes)
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: At your own pace
We live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens, and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
In this course, you will learn the process of turning ideas into technical solutions. Early learners often need to learn about the big ideas of a process before diving into the advanced details, and that’s exactly what you’ll get in this course.
Why Take This Course?
You’ll build on your own idea for an app as you learn the process of conducting market research, user-centered design, and front-end web development. By the end of the course, you will have a user-centered design, wireframes, and specification for a web app, along with a front-end user interface built with HTML and CSS.
- Solving problems with technology
- Human-centered design
- HTML basics
- CSS basics
Bre’Ana Deen is a Content Developer at Microsoft Learning. She has a degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech and started her career at Microsoft as a software engineer.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant Sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)